THE COMPTOIR CONTINUES ITS WAY THROUGH THE AGES… In 1940, Mr Opitz took over the company, he passed on his knowledge to Mr Pierrard in 1950 then gave way to the Hortegat family in 1952. From the 70s, to make in the face of changing tastes and cultures, the Comptoir must expand. The workshops and offices move first to Schaerbeek and then to Jette. New spices and blends appear on the tables ... It was also at this time that the Comptoir created its small, exclusive measuring bottle and improved packaging.